Setting up PS4 Remote Play on MacBook
PS4 Remote Play allows you to play PlayStation 4 games on your MacBook. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Check MacBook requirements: Make sure your MacBook meets the requirements: macOS High Sierra (10.13) or later, DualShock 4 controller, stable internet, and PlayStation Network account.
Download and install PS4 Remote Play app: Get the app from the PlayStation website. Install it on your MacBook by following the instructions.
Connect DualShock 4 controller: Use USB or Bluetooth to connect the controller to your MacBook.
Launch PS4 Remote Play app: Open the app and sign in to your PlayStation Network account.
Configure settings: Adjust resolution, frame rate, and control options according to your preferences.
Connect to your PS4: The app will search for your PS4 on the same network. Click ”Start” to establish the connection.
Tip: Ensure MacBook and PS4 are on the same network. Restart devices if needed. Ethernet connection can provide stability.
Troubleshooting common issues with PS4 Remote Play on MacBook
If you encounter issues with PS4 Remote Play on MacBook, try these troubleshooting tips:
Connection issues: Check network connection and restart router. Move closer to the router for better signal strength.
Input lag or latency: Reduce resolution and frame rate in settings to improve gaming experience.
Audio or video quality issues: Check internet speed and close bandwidth-intensive applications.
Controller not working: Ensure proper connection and pairing of the DualShock 4 controller.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you can resolve common issues and enjoy PS4 Remote Play on your MacBook.
Tip: Keep MacBook and PS4 updated for better compatibility and performance.
Those who are lucky enough to own both PS4 and MacBook Pro consoles know that they can use their MacBook as a second screen to play their PS4 games. Sony developed an application, PS4 Remote Play, for this purpose. This article provides a comprehensive guide on PS4 Remote Play on MacBook and how to make the most out of this functionality.
What is PS4 Remote Play?
Remote Play is an application created by Sony, which enables PS4 users to play their PS4 games on their laptops or computers. It works by streaming the video and audio of the game from the PS4 console to your MacBook over the internet. This can be used for gaming on the go, or to access your PS4 games from a second location, such as from your home while you are travelling.
What are the Requirements for PS4 Remote Play on MacBook?
In order to be able to play your PS4 games on your MacBook, you need to make sure that both your PS4 and MacBook meet the following requirements:
• PS4 system software version 7.00 or higher
• DualShock 4 wireless controller
• Apple laptop model year 2015 or newer with 4GB of RAM or more
• An internet connection with a minimum download and upload speed of 5Mbps
• The latest version of the Remote Play app, which can be downloaded from the PlayStation website.
How to Set up PS4 Remote Play on MacBook?
Once you have all the requirements in place, setting up PS4 Remote Play on your MacBook is quite simple. Here are the steps:
1. Download and install the Remote Play app on your MacBook.
2. Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your MacBook either via Bluetooth or USB.
3. On your PS4, go to Settings > Remote Play Settings > Add Device, and select your MacBook from the displayed list.
4. Enter the code displayed on your laptop, and then select ‘Next’.
5. You are now ready to remotely play your PS4 games on your MacBook.
Tips for Optimizing PS4 Remote Play Performance on MacBook
• Connect your MacBook to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network, if available. This will provide better performance than a 2.4GHz network.
• Close any unnecessary applications and programs on your MacBook to free up its resources for Remote Play.
• Use a USB or Bluetooth connection for your DualShock 4 controller, as this will provide the most stable connection.
• Update your PS4 system software to the latest version by going to Settings > System Software Update.
• Keep an eye on the download and upload speeds of your internet connection to ensure they are not slowing down your gaming experience.
By following the above guide and tips, you can make the most out of PS4 Remote Play on your MacBook and enjoy playing your PS4 games on-the-go.