Ultimate Guide: How to Delete an App on a MacBook
Step 1: Accessing the Applications Folder on your MacBook
To delete an app on your MacBook, access the Applications folder by following these steps:
- Click on the “Finder” icon in the Dock or press “Command + Space” to open Spotlight Search and type “Finder” to launch it.
- In the Finder window, click on “Applications” in the left sidebar to open the Applications folder.
- Scroll through the list of applications or use the search bar to find the app you want to delete.
Pro Tip: Create a shortcut to the Applications folder on your Dock for easy access by dragging the folder to the right side of the Dock.
Step 2: Uninstalling an App from your MacBook
To uninstall an app from your MacBook, follow these steps:
- Click and hold the app icon you want to delete until it starts to jiggle, and an “x” appears on the top-left corner.
- Click the “x” icon to initiate the uninstallation process. Confirm by clicking “Delete” in the dialog box.
- Alternatively, drag the app icon directly to the Trash icon in the Dock. Confirm by clicking “Delete” in the dialog box.
Pro Tip: Use a third-party uninstaller app like “AppCleaner” or ”CleanMyMac” to scan for and delete any leftover files associated with the app.
By following these steps, you can easily delete unwanted apps from your MacBook. Remember to empty the Trash to free up disk space and keep your MacBook organized and clutter-free.
Do you want to delete an unwanted App on your MacBook, but don’t know how? Don’t worry, as this article, How to Delete an App on a MacBook – Ultimate Guide, has got you covered.
The process of deleting an unwanted App on a MacBook is quite simple and painless. All you need to do is just follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. First, locate the App you want to delete in the Applications folder. This can be found in the left pane of the Finder window.
2. Select and right-click the App that you want to delete, and then select Move to Trash.
3. Confirm by clicking the button labelled “Move to Trash.”
4. Once you have clicked the button, the App will be removed from the folder.
5. Finally, right-click on the Trash icon situated on the dock and click on Empty Trash.
That’s it. Now you have successfully deleted the unwanted App from your Mac.
However, if you want to delete App whose icon is not located in the Application folder, then you will need to follow a slightly different process.
First, locate the App you want to delete in Finder. This can either be in the Documents, Downloads, Utilities or other folder.
Second, select and right-click on the App that you want to delete, and then select Move to Trash.
Third, confirm by clicking the button labelled “Move to Trash.” The App should now be deleted from your MacBook.
Finally, right-click on the Trash icon situated on the dock and click on Empty Trash.
Congratulations, your unwanted App has been completely removed from your MacBook.
So, that was our guide on how to delete an App on a MacBook. We hope you found it helpful.